Tuesday, October 16, 2012

RA Sushi Happy Hour

I went to RA Sushi in The District last Thursday.
I had a wedding to attend in the desert on Saturday.
Two days between this visit to happy hour sushi and wedding.

I stress this time difference because upon taking the first bite of sushi, I immediately calculated how long would it take me to recover from food poisoning should I fall horribly ill from this weeks Tustin Adventuring. I did not get food poisoning, thankfully, but neither did I particularly enjoy my visit to RA sushi. At the time, I did not know RA was a chain. Only that when googling "Tustin Happy Hour" this place caught my eye.  Think of it as the PF Changs of sushi. Fishy, greasy, with sort-of fancy fake dark wood decor.  The happy hour was busy with lots of office-worker types pushing the ginger scraps around on their plates. I did not stay long and pretty much avoided making eye contact with everyone at the bar.

The food was awful, but at least the drinks were cheap. $7 for a beer and hot sake. And this week's adventure included the exploration of "The District", Tustin's answer to "The Grove" or "The Americana". I'm not big on outdoor malls so the whole experience left me feeling Meh, coupled with a bit of a bellyache. Ah well. I suppose that not every week can be an outstandingly successful adventure.

RA Sushi

The District
2401 Park Ave
Tustin, CA 92782

~$13

Approximately 5.5 miles away

No comments:

Post a Comment