Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quinn's Old Town Bar and Grill

This is from a while ago, when I was attempting to use Tumblr. I never could figure out to get it to work properly, so I said eff this, and went back to blogspot.

9-18-12



Last week I went for happy hour at Quinns - a local bar in Old Town Tustin. I bike past it on my way to the office. Quinns is where my company has our annual holiday party. I can't say it's my bag as far as a scene goes - tends to be occupied with Jaguar driving baby-boomers killing time. But the happy hour menu looked good so I stopped in after work on a Wednesday.

I had a seat at the bar and before long was in conversation with a regular. A long time divorcee, she had married and had her son long ago. I ordered the sliders and she had the beef morsels. She told me about her son meeting his Swedish wife during a European backpacking trip when he was 19. She told me about her marriage and her friends who have started to get cancer. I told her how I grew up in Tustin, she told me about how much she loved living in Tustin. 

Talking with this woman was delightful. She's been blessed with good health and a happy child who grew into a responsible, successful young man. She didn't seem wanting for much if anything other than a refill of white wine.

The sliders were terrific, but I overspent. Left the bar with just over $21 spent and a head full of life stories. 

Quinns

405 El Camino Real
Tustin, CA 92780

Approximately 2 miles away

No comments:

Post a Comment