Monday, February 18, 2013

Dinner with Baby M

I skated roller derby in Los Angeles for about 5 years. I have been "retired" now for about 3 years. And while I don't skate anymore, my core base of friends are mostly girls with whom I skated. It's now been 9 years since the inception of the LA derby league, and those of us who started in the beginning are doing our share of growing up. Getting married, getting divorced (in some cases), growing families, taking care of aging parents...etc, etc.  All the things that come with moving from your mid-twenties to creeping in on mid-thirties and beyond.

I enjoyed the company of one of my friends and former teammates for dinner in La Habra about a week ago. She has a 4 month old baby girl who is super duper adorable. We ate dinner and caught up at bit. Having no babies in my immediate family, it's fun to hang out with baby M and see what she's all about. At 4 months, she's just starting to smile and coo and engage with the world around her. I feel like I had just seen her not that long ago on our adventure to Laguna Lake Park, but how fast they do change! All in all, a terrific adventure and it was so nice to hang with a pal south of the Orange Curtain for a change.

Dinner in La Habra

Approximately 18 miles away


No comments:

Post a Comment