Friday, January 4, 2013

Newport Boat Parade

This was so fun! I had never even heard of the Newport Boat Parade, but lo and behold. In searching for my next adventure I came upon their website and decided I would catch the parade. I put on my cozy layers to stay warm and packed up my bicycle, figuring the best way to see the parade was to ride around the parade "route". This proved to be way awesome for several reasons: (1) I wasn't locked into viewing the boats from one vantage point (2) I parked hella far away and rode in, avoiding the stressful hunt for parking and (3) I got to cruise around the adorably decorated neighborhoods and take in all the pretty Christmas lights!

The parade was too cute. Some of my photos aren't that great (darkness + moving masses of light = photo difficulty). Although I dig what's going on with the lights reflecting off the water. The people watching was stellar too. After I had my fill of brightly lit yachts, I enjoyed a beer at The Village Inn on Balboa and finished my night with a ride in the exhilarating chill of So. Cal December back to my car. This whole experience was super fun. Yay! I love a parade!!

Newport Boat Parade

Starting at Newport Yacht Club
720 West Bay Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92661 

Approximately 13 miles away

Free parking, but $6 for a beer at The Village Inn

SANTA!!

Cruising around the harbor






1 comment:

  1. Funny Story: I was totally on one of those boats. So, by complete coincidence, we very nearly actually hung out.

    ReplyDelete