Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Santiago Creek Bike Path

I am pleased to report that for the past two weeks, I've had remarkably successful Tustin Adventures. Yay!

Last weekend, I packed up my trusty bicycle and hit the Santiago Creek Bike Path for a leisurely Saturday morning ride. This is a great bike path that runs from Santa Ana, through neighboring cities of Orange and Tustin, all the way to the Santiago Canyon. I didn't go all that way as that is quite a trek. I made it to about Orange and turned around.

I've done my fair share of bike riding in LA and as one who has dealt with the traffic/potholes/garbage/yuck that city riding tends to offer, this bike path is SO NICE. Smooth, well maintained, flat, spacious, and runs along a cute creek where you can take a break and watch the ducks paddling in the (somewhat limited) waterway. Quite a few folks were out for the morning jogs. I even met a sweet old Jack Russell terrier named Sailor!

I'm so glad I went to explore the Santiago Creek Bike Path! Bonus: that I remember as a kid visiting Hart Park, which is a stop along the bike path. I'm happy to see that the park is still well used and maintained. It might have the biggest, nicest baseball field / lawn I've seen in ages. Check out the photos below:

Trail Map



Sweet Dirt Bike Arena

One of thee nicest lawns I have ever seen

Instagrammy

Headed back to Santa Ana

The Archery Range was the place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment