Friday, January 18, 2013

Woodbridge Community Park

It's been unseasonably cold in So Cal for a few weeks, which is not saying much in comparison to the rest of the world. Help, it's 55 degrees!! Get the parkas and gloves!! HOW WILL WE SURVIVE!?!

Braving the "cold" I took a stroll around North Lake in Irvine last week after a particularly long day in the office. The sky was bright and blue and North Lake was very bucolic. Except for all the bird shit. Seriously, it was like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock movie. Birds. Everywhere.

North Lake is part of Irvine's Woodbridge Community, aka the epitome of suburban planned communities. It took me about an hour to do a leisurely walk around the man-made lake. Unless you're a resident, you don't get access to the little sandy beaches, or the tennis courts, or the playgrounds, or the kayaks, or the...well, you get the idea. It is Irvine after all.

Here are some photos!

A little beach you are not invited to sit on.

A tree lined street I suppose it's ok for you to walk down (if you must)

The walking path you best not dilly-dally on

North Lake, which you are allowed to look at, but not swim in


Birds that you best not bother

Ma'am, by taking my picture, YOU are dilly-dallying.

Another beach you are not invited to sit on. And my thumb. 

I suppose you can have one more look at the lake


More birds who are wondering when you'll be on your way
All joking aside, I should mention that one result of my Tustin Adventuring is that I am finally coming to peace with the idea that suburban communities, while not my bag, *are* the bag for some people. I should not judge people who want to live in a place like Woodbridge just because planned communities to not suit my tastes. Not everyone wants to live in LA. Not everyone wants to live in Woodbridge. That doesn't necessarily make one better than the other, just that  both options are suited to different types of people. I can respect that as it takes all kinds to make the world. If everyone is happy and comfortable in the end, it doesn't matter where you call home.

Woodbridge Community Park

20 Lake Road
Irvine, CA 92604

Free

~ 8 miles away

No comments:

Post a Comment