Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lazy Dog Cafe

Part of the reason that I work in the OC is because I like the place and the people with whom I work. This is an important factor in any person's life, as we all know. It only takes one Nosey-Nancy or Sour-Sally to turn a workplace into a stressful nightmare. Luckily, the folks I work with are pretty cool, so it was a bummer to say goodbye to one of my fellow employees last week as he moved on to bigger and better things.

To celebrate his career with the firm and give him our well wishes, we all went to lunch at the Lazy Dog Cafe in Orange. I had never been to this chain restaurant. This is the kind of place I would take my parents, which is not to say I was dissatisfied with the experience. Overall, it was nice. Safe, American food served quickly and without too much fuss. What's not to like? You can even bring your pup if you want to sit in their outdoor patio section.

Our group lunched out on the patio on a terrific March afternoon. Everyone got what they wanted since there was no shortage of menu options. And while it's sad to say goodbye to a cool work-mate, I had to pause and look down the table at the remainder of the nice and easygoing people I work with. I do feel very lucky in that regard.

Lazy Dog Cafe
1623 W Katella Ave
Orange, CA 92867

Approximately 7 miles away

Free because the Boss treated everyone to lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment