Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sarah May Downie Herb Garden

This tiny corner park in Santa Ana is hardly adventurous, but man, does it have some good juju.

I visited this park with a notepad and cup of coffee one Saturday morning. I finally realized it was much smaller than I had expected - simply just the corner of a very beautiful row of houses in Downtown Santa Ana. When I was growing up, we lived right on the border of Santa Ana and Tustin. I would venture to places in Santa Ana like Koo's Cafe and Norms diner as a teenager, but mostly there was no reason to visit Santa Ana. Now Santa Ana has a pretty cool art scene. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the downtown art galleries and the Gypsy Cafe.

Anyways, I sat down in this little park and started writing furiously for my kids-science theater show. I've been tormented with writers block for the last 6 months. It felt great to finally purge some ideas from my brain onto paper. Maybe it was the good vibes of the Sarah May Downie Herb Garden that helped out.



Sarah May Downie Herb Garden

2405 North Flower Street
Santa Ana, CA

Free

Approximately 4.5 miles away

http://www.ci.santa-ana.ca.us/parks/SarahMayDownieHerbGardenPark.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment